A few years ago, when Fantasy Football draft boards first started coming out, we were all excited about how much better it made our draft parties. Customized Fantasy Football draft boards weren’t even in our dreams! We talk a lot about the best free Fantasy Football draft tools, and while these draft boards aren’t free, they’re still pretty awesome.
We made a big deal about going up and putting your players’ stickers up on the board, in many cases, using that sticker to tell people who you just drafted in a dramatic way. Hearing the groans (or the giggles) after you smoothed out that sticker on the board and said his name just made the draft that much more emotional.
But now, we’ve evolved into a situation where we want a little more out of our draft boards. They’ve stayed the same for about a decade now, and we want some improvements.
Over at SoCalledFantasyExperts.com, they came through for you with a $5-off coupon off a premium draft board for those that use the code: “gonos5”!
5 Things That Suck About Your Old Fantasy Football Draft Boards
Let me list off some pain points from the old, standard Fantasy Football draft boards you used to get:
- Your commissioner’s handwriting sucks: He scribbles down the league name across the top, but of course, he didn’t plan it the spacing out right, so half the name is scribbled much shorter than the other half, just so it fits.
- Which team is up again?: The team names are barely legible, with half written down as owner names and half as team names.
- The creases make things tough: With a folded draft board, you end up sticking up a huge piece of paper that has super creases making it tough to lay flat on the wall.
- Too much extra space: If our league is 10 teams deep and only 14 rounds, why do we have a draft board that’s 20 teams wide and 20 rounds deep?
- High Roller league with a Penny Slots draft board?: Is your league a high quality league? And are you sick of filling out a draft board that looks like it was pulled out of your nephew’s coloring book?
Customized Fantasy Football Draft Boards
What’s the best way to fix all of those problems? Well, I’m glad you asked.
The guys at FantasySports.org have come up with some pretty awesome customizable Fantasy Football Draft Boards. I’m going to explain the costs backward, rather than tell you what the initial cost is and then build up to the end with the add-ons.
But first, understand that each purchase comes with:
- A Draft Board with your choice of three different fonts (Basic, Old School or Team Spirit (pictured))
- Draft board printed on heavyweight, 24-lb. paper
- Over 400 player stickers
- Shipped in cardboard tubes, which means no ugly creases and makes taping to a wall a breeze.
- Every NFL Teams’ bye weeks printed in the top-right corner
- Upgrade to 16-, 18-, and 20-team Draft Boards for larger leagues
- Fast shipping! A flat shipping rate of $9.95 will get to you in 3 to 4 days, although, there are rush options available.
- Send us your league name and pictures of your draft and @SoCalledFanEx will tweet them out and if they’re good enough, we’ll even feature them on the site in an article!
- If you use the code “gonos5” you’ll get $5 taken off, so your shipping basically becomes just $1!
- Your Fantasy League’s Name printed across the top
- Your Fantasy League’s slogan or draft location printed just under the league name
- Your Team Names printed on stickers for you to place where they land in the draft
For $45 (before shipping and before your coupon code), you’ll get a customized Fantasy Football draft board with all of the above – and –:
If you don’t care to have your league name printed on the draft board, then you can pay $30 (before shipping), and get everything else for $31, shipped, with coupon code.
That would be a basic draft board where you can just write in the league name and team names, etc. It will still come with the 400-plus player stickers, and the NFL bye weeks listed.
Taking Your League to the Next Level!
Getting these customized Fantasy Football draft boards will make your draft parties a little more special – and you’ll have a shipping tube to store your draft board for years to come. Break them out at every draft in the coming years, making fun of the guy that drafted a fullback in the sixth round! This is guaranteed to make your draft an even better experience every year!
David Gonos spent 5 years as a CBSSports.com Senior Fantasy Writer and three more years writing with SI.com. Over the past 17 years, his work has been published on NFL.com, MLB.com, FanDuel, FoxSports.com and USA Today. Since 2001, he has been tracking down the Top 50-plus Free Fantasy Football Draft Tools online. You can contact David Gonos here.