Three of the preseason top 25 running backs were injured this past weekend, which makes these Week 6 RB rankings a little thinner than usual.
Reggie Bush, Rashad Jennings and Montee Ball all came out of Week 5 a little worse for the wear, which means players like George Winn, Andre Williams and Denver’s Ronnie Hillman have better chances of producing quality Fantasy stats for you this week.
DeMarco Murray, the likely No. 1 overall draft pick if your Fantasy draft happened today, faces the Seahawks, which happens to be the toughest defense in the NFL this weekend. You’re still starting Murray, no matter what, but you have to know that the Seahawks defense is allowing just nine Fantasy points per week – which leads the league.
Best Defenses for Your RBs to Face
If the Seahawks are the toughest against running backs, which defenses are the best for your Fantasy running backs to face in a given week.
- Falcons – You’d think it would have been Jacksonville in this spot, but the Falcons are allowing 133.60 rushing yards and NFL-worst 1.80 rushing touchdowns per game.
- Jaguars – Teams pass to their RBs more against the Jaguars than any other defense (9.00 targets per game, 7.60 receptions per game), which is the opposite of …
- Raiders – The Raiders are actually tied for the best mark in giving up receiving yards to running backs (just 21.75 yards per game), but this defensive unit is worst in the NFL in allowing rushing yards to RBs per game (141.25).
- Browns – The Browns defense has been a major disappointment all around, ranking 28th against the pass and 30th against the run.
- Broncos – I found this one to be the most interesting, since it would seem that teams get into shootouts with the Broncos and they need to pass the ball more in the second half to try to play catch-up.
The SKYLLZONE Week 6 ADP shows fans are taking six running backs in the first 10 picks for this week’s matchups, with Matt Forte leading the pack. LeSean McCoy, however, has dropped all the way down to the second pick in the second round, which makes him the seventh running back picked for this week’s Fan vs. Machine drafts.
On a separate note, I wrote a column at FantasySports.About.com about 9 Tools to Use to Help You with Your Waiver Wire on Tuesday. Bookmark it for next week!
Week 6 RB Rankings
These rankings are based on standard non-PPR Fantasy leagues with six points per touchdown.
Which running backs do you think we have too high or too low in our Week 6 RB Rankings? These articles are meant to help readers, so your comments give them an added perspective.
David Gonos spent 5 years as a CBSSports.com Senior Fantasy Writer and three more years writing with SI.com. Over the past 17 years, his work has been published on NFL.com, MLB.com, FanDuel, FoxSports.com and USA Today. Since 2001, he has been tracking down the Top 50-plus Free Fantasy Football Draft Tools online. You can contact David Gonos here.