19 Ideas for Fantasy Football League Names
Whether you’re starting a new league or just trying to revamp your old league, naming it is important. Consider some of the great Fantasy Football league names we’ve come up with as options for your own.
Everybody will be drafting soon, and now is as good a time as any to start rethinking your old boring league name.
For those considering starting an entirely new league, it’s of the utmost importance to consider some of these great Fantasy Football league names!
Why is this important?
The last thing you want is for guys to have to struggle remembering the league name, or just calling it “that league,” so as not to embarrass themselves at the water cooler, by saying, “Wanna do a trade in the FFLXTTRSL league?”
That’s what we’re here for – helping you get through the really tough things in life – like Fantasy Football league names and Fantasy Football team names.
We also recently posted 201+ Horribly Awesome Fantasy Football Team Names & Logos over at SoCalledFantasyExperts.com! Some of the newest team names we came up with for 2016 include:
- Great Rawls of Fire!
- From A to Zeke
- The Force (Kamar) Aikens
- The Devonta Wears Prada
- Some Players Have Coin, But I Have Laquon
And some of our old favorites include:
- Hell’s Le’veon Bells
- Chronic Masterdeflator
- Jameis’ Crab Shack
- My Ball Zach Ertz
- Jameis Winston, House of Lannister
Heck, I even shared a bunch of great Fantasy Football league ideas with you to help your league become a little more awesome-r. But now, before you can do all of that other stuff, you have to come up with a great Fantasy league name.
Also, since you’re likely your league’s commissioner, why not think about getting a customized Fantasy draft board with your Fantasy league’s name printed right on it!?! (Even better, you can get stickers with your team names printed on them, too!)
Tips For Naming Your Fantasy Football League
First, you want something that rolls off the tongue easily. One with plenty of chutzpah! (Although, you should try not to use the word chutzpah in your league name.) As awesome as the TV show, “The League” is, most people are in more than one Fantasy Football league, so they need to call it something special. They need to refer to their league with either a particular word or set of words that stands out, or even an acronym that spells it out.
Secondly, remember that whichever Fantasy Football site you choose to run your league, you’re going to need something that stands out, at least for the league URL. For instance, on CBSSports.com, your league URL uses a one-word ID that the commissioner sets. If you don’t want it to be “league124114,” which is tough to remember, then use something you can abbreviate easily and stands out.
I like league names that stand for something. In other words, if the entire group of league owners (or at least most of them) are all from the same college, then name it something to do with that college or their mascot. Here are some ideas on how you would tie people together:
- Location: Are you all from the same city or region, school or community? Live around the same lake?
- Similar Interests: Do you all work at the same place or attend the same Alcoholics Anonymous meetings? Dynamite! (Note: Don’t bring beers to those draft parties.)
- Random Connections: Maybe all of you are tailgate buddies outside the stadium of your favorite NFL team? Maybe you’re all baby daddys to the same woman? Perfect!
With that said, many of us are in online leagues against people we’ve never met. But still, many of these leagues can be named after something to do with the website you all met at – are started friendships at:
- FootballGuys Fantasy Freaks League
- Lots of Booze Yahoos
- KISS Fan Club Fantasy League
- Besties of the ESPYs
Let’s see what other kinds of ideas we can help you come up with. And don’t forget you can use other words than just “Fantasy,” like “Fake,” “Faux” or “Unreal.”
19 Ideas for Fantasy Football League Names
Feel free to use any combination of these Fantasy league names, mix and match, and make it awesome.
- 4F League: Fantasy Football Fans & Food
- 4F League: Frantic Fantasy Football Fanatics
- 12 Angry Men
- The Dirty Dozen
- Dozen Eggheads of Fantasy (DEF)
- Extraordinarily Nerdy Union of Fantasy Footballers (ENUFF)
- Fantasy League of Advanced Sports Historians (FLASH)
- Fantasy League For Any Given Sunday (FLAGS)
- Fantasy League of Ballers (FLOB)
- Fantasy League of Has-Beens (FLOHB)
- Fantasy League of Know-it-alls (FLUNK) (it’s supposed to be spelled wrong)
- Fantasy League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (FLEG)
- Fantasy League of Gridiron Gurus (FLOGG)
- FLEX: Fantasy League of Ex-Athletes
- Gridiron Gurus Royale
- League of Advanced Fantasy Footballers (LAFF)
- Masters of Unreal Football (MUFF)
- Royal Union of Fantasy Footballers (RUFF)
- The Unusual Suspects
Different Words for “League”
If you didn’t like any of the Fantasy Football League names above, here are some synonyms for the word “League” you might be able to use instead. Lots of times, you want to use a different word for league just to have a better acronym or alliteration.
Different Words Dealing with “Football” to Consider Adding
- End Zone
- First Down
- Four Downs
- Hail Mary
- Hall of Fame
- Locker Room
- Red Zone
Hopefully, these Fantasy Football league names were helpful, but it not, you can also check out the huge list of league names at MyFantasyLeague.com that have the word “Football” in it. We’d love to hear what you and your leaguemates decided to name your league! Drop it in the comments below!