Whether you’re starting a new league or just trying to revamp your old league, naming it is important. Consider some of the great Fantasy Football league names we’ve come up with as options for your own. We also share a couple dozen great Fantasy Football team names for the 2017 NFL season!
Everybody will be drafting soon, and now is as good a time as any to start rethinking your old boring league name.
For those considering starting an entirely new league, it’s of the utmost importance to consider some of these great Fantasy Football league names!
Why is this important?
The last thing you want is for guys to have to struggle remembering the league name, or just calling it “that league,” so as not to embarrass themselves at the water cooler, by saying, “Wanna do a trade in the FFLXTTRSL league?”
We’ll help you fix that — but first, let’s help fix your Fantasy Football Team Name!
9 New Fantasy League Team Names Using 2017 Rookies
We like lists. We like numbered lists! That’s why we have articles like the Top 45 FREE Fantasy Football Draft Tools and 42 Fantastic New Fantasy Football League Ideas, etc. So we made more numbered lists for you below!
There are plenty of great rookies coming into the NFL – as well as rookies with great names we can use for our team names! Here’s a handful of my favorite new rookie Fantasy team names for 2017:
- Kiss the Dalvin Cook
- Nothing But Fournette
- Dalvin and the Chipmunks
- Mahomes Don’t Play That
- Jujubes Smith-Schuster
- The Njoku’s On You!
- Son of a Mitch Trubisky!
- Elementary, My Dear Watson!
And here are nine more of our favorites from last year’s crop of rookies:
- From A to Zeke
- EZ-E and Run DMC
- EzE Duz It
- Some Players Have Coin, But I Have Laquon
- The Doctson is In
- From Wentz You Came
- Wentz of War
- Wentz, Twice – Three Times a Lady
- Wentz Upon a Time
And 51 more of our old favorites include:
- The Force (Kamar) Aikens
- Great Rawls of Fire!
- The Devonta Wears Prada
- Hell’s Le’veon Bells
- Chronic Masterdeflator
- Jameis’ Crab Shack
- My Ball Zach Ertz
- Jameis Winston, House of Lannister
- The Gurley Gates
- Hangin’ With Amari Cooper
- That’s Amari
- Blue Ajayis
- Jay Ajayi Pride
- Duke Johnson of Hazzard
- Duke of Gurley
- Dude, Where’s Derek Carr?
- Regarding Derrick Henry
- My Favorite Marshawn
- The Big Gronkowski
- Demaryius, Father of Dragons
- Odell’s Kitchen
- Odell’s Bells
- Frosted Flaccos
- Let’s Hear It For McCoy!
- Dez-ed and Confused
- Getting Lucky In Kentucky
- Up All Night to Get Lucky!
- Jameis’ Crab Shack
- Turn Down For Watt
- The Zeke-a Virus
- The Walking Dez
- Dak in a Box
- Hello, Newton!
- All Dogs Go to Mike Evans
- Stairway to Evans
- T.Y.? Because We Like You. H-I-L-T-O-N
- Hippety- Hopkins
- Magic Mike XXL Evans
- The Curious Case of Benjamin’s Touchdowns
- Jimmy Graham-ma’s Boy
- Everyday I’m Russellin’
- Alshon Joffrey
- Commissioner Melvin Gordon
- Kelce’s Heroes
- Kelce’s Grammar
- Forgetting Brandon Marshall
- Me & Julio Down By the End Zone
- Take ‘em to the Woodhead
- The Dingo Ate Your Brady
Did you know you can get a customized Fantasy Football Draft Board with your Fantasy league’s name printed on it — and with stickers for all of your leagues’ awesome Fantasy team names?
Tips For Naming Your Fantasy Football League
First, you want something that rolls off the tongue easily. One with plenty of chutzpah! (Although, you should try not to use the word chutzpah in your league name.) As awesome as the TV show, “The League” is, most people are in more than one Fantasy Football league, so they need to call it something special. They need to refer to their league with either a particular word or set of words that stands out, or even an acronym that spells it out.
Secondly, remember that whichever Fantasy Football site you choose to run your league, you’re going to need something that stands out, at least for the league URL. How did the owners of sites selling generic Viagra. For instance, on CBSSports.com, your league URL uses a one-word ID that the commissioner sets. If you don’t want it to be “league124114,” which is tough to remember, then use something you can abbreviate easily and stands out.
I like league names that stand for something. In other words, if the entire group of league owners (or at least most of them) are all from the same college, then name it something to do with that college or their mascot. Here are some ideas on how you would tie people together:
- Location: Are you all from the same city or region, school or community? Live around the same lake?
- Similar Interests: Do you all work at the same place or attend the same Alcoholics Anonymous meetings? Dynamite! (Note: Don’t bring beers to those draft parties.)
- Random Connections: Maybe all of you are tailgate buddies outside the stadium of your favorite NFL team? Maybe you’re all baby daddys to the same woman? Perfect!
With that said, many of us are in online leagues against people we’ve never met. But still, many of these leagues can be named after something to do with the website you all met at – are started friendships at:
- FootballGuys Fantasy Freaks League
- Lots of Booze Yahoos
- KISS Fan Club Fantasy League
- Fantasy Best On CBS
- Besties of the ESPYs
Let’s see what other kinds of ideas we can help you come up with. And don’t forget you can use other words than just “Fantasy,” like “Fake,” “Faux” or “Unreal.”
19 Ideas for Fantasy Football League Names
Feel free to use any combination of these Fantasy league names, mix and match, and make it awesome.
- 4F League: Fantasy Football Fans & Food
- 4F League: Frantic Fantasy Football Fanatics
- 12 Angry Men
- The Dirty Dozen
- Dozen Eggheads of Fantasy (DEF)
- Extraordinarily Nerdy Union of Fantasy Footballers (ENUFF)
- Fantasy League of Advanced Sports Historians (FLASH)
- Fantasy League For Any Given Sunday (FLAGS)
- Fantasy League of Ballers (FLOB)
- Fantasy League of Has-Beens (FLOHB)
- Fantasy League of Know-it-alls (FLUNK) (it’s supposed to be spelled wrong)
- Fantasy League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (FLEG)
- Fantasy League of Gridiron Gurus (FLOGG)
- FLEX: Fantasy League of Ex-Athletes
- Gridiron Gurus Royale
- League of Advanced Fantasy Footballers (LAFF)
- Masters of Unreal Football (MUFF)
- Royal Union of Fantasy Footballers (RUFF)
- The Unusual Suspects
- United States Fantasy League (USFL — You can steal their logo and everything!)
- Wise American Fantasy Football League (WAFFL)
Different Words for “League”
If you didn’t like any of the Fantasy Football League names above, here are some synonyms for the word “League” you might be able to use instead. Lots of times, you want to use a different word for league just to have a better acronym or alliteration.
Different Words Dealing with “Football” to Consider Adding
- End Zone
- First Down
- Four Downs
- Hail Mary
- Hall of Fame
- Locker Room
- Red Zone
You can also check out the huge list of league names at MyFantasyLeague.com that have the word “Football” in it. We’d love to hear what you and your leaguemates decided to name your league! Drop it in the comments below!
Learning some of the best Fantasy Football league names is one thing, but come Sunday, you still have to win your games! We tracked down the 45 Best Free Fantasy Football Draft Tools on the web, including apps, podcasts, websites and everything else you can imagine!