The “Fantasy On 5” Podcast brings in special guest Jake Ciely of RotoExperts.com to share his top 25 Fantasy Football rankings for 2018.
These aren’t just any rankings – these are the rankings coming from the guy that was named the No. 1 draft rankings expert by FantasyPros.com in 2017!
As I mentioned in the podcast, Jake takes his rankings very seriously, and he was way ahead of the curve last season, as he had five rookie running backs in the top 25 RBs well before anyone else had it.
Special Guest Jake Ciely From RotoExperts.com: Top 25 Rankings
Garion Thorne and I talk with Jake about several Fantasy subjects, including:
- Todd Gurley vs. Le’Veon Bell: Ciely shares his opinions on both – for both PPR and non-PPR formats, and I share a very interesting stat that essentially makes everyone’s opinion about these two players moot. MOOT, I TELL YOU!
- Ciely also points out two running backs he believes has the best chance to perform like top-five players this year. One is rookie Saquon Barkley, and the other – is a huge secret! Well, it’s a secret until you hear him say it, I guess.
- Julio Jones vs. Odell Beckham Jr.: Jake likes Julio more, and he explains why he’d rather have the high-flyin’ Falcon on his team than the giant Giant.
- Rookie Running Backs: Ciely was all over the rookies early and often last year – and he even said the 2018 class was going to be better than the 2017 class. He said that LAST year!
- Jerick McKinnon and Mike Evans – Where Are They?: Jake explains why he doesn’t have these two studs in his top 25 Fantasy Football rankings for 2018.
[podbean type=audio-square resource=”episode=ikdjz-9520fe” skin=”1″ auto=”0″ height=315 ]
Free Fantasy Football Draft Tools
As I do in all our podcasts, I shared one of my favorite FREE Fantasy Football draft tools (and I even throw in a bonus one, since everyone that’s playing Fantasy Football likely uses Rotoworld already. So Garion and I discuss one of his favorite free Fantasy Football draft tools – FantasyFootballCalculator.com’s ADP! I explain why I like their ADP better than some of the other sites, and we discuss some of the best ways to use their ADP to plan for your drafts.
Fantasy On 5 Top 5: No. 1 Fantasy Picks in NFL History!
Garion and I look back at the modern Fantasy Football era (1990 to present) to figure out which No. 1 picks in ADP ended up having the best seasons! Spoiler: You will hear LaDainian Tomlinson’s name more than once. But this list is important because the second overall Fantasy pick has outscored the first overall pick more than 60 percent of the time dating back to the year 2000!
Miami Dolphins Fantasy: Top 5 Fantasy Seasons For Miami Dolphins Players
As we do in all our “Fantasy On 5” podcasts on the Five Reasons Sports Network, we wrap up each episode with some South Florida talk! In this case, we share the greatest Fantasy seasons from Miami Dolphins players in Dolphins history. Another spoiler alert: You’ll hear Dan Marino’s name a couple times – but not LaDainian Tomlinson!… or Drew Brees… Ah gad.
Please subscribe to the “Fantasy On 5” podcast to hear more episodes like this one, bringing in more great guests to share awesome information, like guest Jake Ciely and his top 25 Fantasy Football rankings!